Frequently Asked Questions
Does someone have to be present when the dumpster is delivered, exchanged, or removed?
- A responsible person (over the age of 18) is required upon delivery so the driver, with direction, can properly place the dumpster. Additionally, a signature is required that acknowledges receipt of the dumpster and confirms agreement of the Rescue Dumpsters “Terms and Conditions”
- You are not required to be present upon dumpster removal as long as the access is clear. When calling for service, it is your responsibility to assure Rescue Dumpsters is given clear access to perform the service. If not, a “Trip Charge” will result and the removal of the dumpster will be rescheduled for a day when access can be guaranteed.
How do I change or cancel my order for service?
- Your request must be phoned in to Rescue Dumpsters Customer Service before the order is dispatched. Typically, that is two hours prior to your requested time.
- As a courtesy, our driver will call the contact phone number provided before leaving the Rescue Dumpsters facility. The driver will confirm the type of service as well as inform you that the dumpster service has been dispatched.
How far in advance do I need to place an order for service?
- The Rescue Dumpsters order policy is as follows: Call before 5:00PM and your service will occur the next morning before noon. Call before 11:00AM and your service is performed before the end of that business day. Your specific start and end times will alter the order policy performance.
- Most often, we will be able to accommodate your preferred service time to within a two hour window.
How much waste can I put in the dumpster?
- You may fill the dumpster to the level at the top. No further. This is the law, strictly enforced whereupon a citation will be issued for overloaded dumpsters. The rationale for this law is that if the material is filled over the top of the dumpster and our driver is required to perform an evasive maneuver while driving, the excess material could spill onto the roadway and cause serious harm.
How much weight, in pounds, equals a ton?
- A ton equals 2000 pounds
Is 24/7 emergency service available?
- Yes. The roll-off dumpster division operates around the clock 365 days a year. Service after typical work hours as well as on weekends is always available, however, your order must be placed during normal business hours, 7:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Additional charges will apply depending on the time and day of your service request.
- If an emergency occurs on the weekend, please e-mail email@example.com and leave all required information. A Rescue Dumpsters representative will reply as soon as reasonably possible.
What are the payment options?
- Unless you have pre-approved credit terms, you will be asked to provide payment upon delivery of the dumpster. ( NO EXCEPTIONS )
What are the unacceptable waste materials that are NOT allowed in the dumpsters?
- All hazardous wastes including: chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, partially filled aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/, contaminated oils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, refrigerators, petroleum contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, dead animals, sealed barrels or cylinders, and all liquids.
What does the rate quoted include?
- Your price includes the dumpster delivery, disposal of the contents, and removal of your dumpster. All applicable municipal taxes and other surcharges, such as fuel,are also included in the stated rate.
- NOT included in the rate are any additional charges for exceeding your tonnage limit, and other fees that will result if you dispose of non-acceptable waste material. Non-acceptable material includes all hazardous wastes including chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, partially filled aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/, contaminated oils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, refrigerators, petroleum contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, dead animals, sealed barrels or cylinders, and all liquids.
What form of payment do you accept?
- For roll-off dumpster service the payment options are cash, check, and all three major credit and debit cards: Master Card, Visa, and American Express.
What if I need to keep my dumpster longer than the allotted time ?
- The dumpster is loaned to you for a specific period of time as per your quoted service. Typically it is for 5 to 7 days (depending on service demand). If you exceed your allotted time, additional charges may apply. We will never automatically remove your dumpster at the end of the allotted time because you are may not be ready for the dumpster to be removed. A courtesy call will always be made prior to removal. If you are finished prior to your allotted time, contact Customer Service via email or phone to schedule your dumpster removal.
What is a “tonnage” limit and will I be billed for extra weight if I exceed the limit ?
- The rate you are quoted includes a certain amount of tons at no additional charge. The maximum weight you may put in a either a 10, 15, or a 20-yard dumpster is 7 tons. If you exceed the 7 tons, the Rescue Dumpster driver will inform you that we are not legally able to service the dumpster because of State of Florida road weight laws. You will kindly be asked to remove the excess material in order to lighten the dumpster to make it legal for transport. If your dumpster is not serviceable because of an overweight situation, a “Trip Charge” of $75.00 to $150.00 will likely result.